During the Position Search
For over 33 years, Portland Nannies has been matching the most qualified nannies with the best families throughout Maine. As a proud member of the International Nanny Association, we hold ourselves to the highest industry standards. We pride ourselves on our long lasting relationships that we build with our nannies. We appreciate all the hard work, dedication, commitment, and love that our nannies bring every minute, of everyday in this field of work. Portland Nannies is committed to supporting nannies during the interview process, the hiring process, job offer acceptance, and throughout their employment with their family. How do we do this?
- We learn about you, your experiences and your caregiving style and philosophies.
- We present you to families seeking a nanny with your background & experience.
- We help prepare you for successful interviewing.
- We help facilitate interviews with families who would like to meet you.
- We work with parents informing them on realistic responsibilities and competitive salaries.
- We provide families with a written work agreement that can be used to solidify the terms of your employment agreement.
- We provide parents information and resources to help them succeed as a household employer.
Once we place a nanny, we maintain on ongoing relationship making sure that the family and position are a good fit. We advocate for nanny interaction and socialization with other nannies and the charges they care for. With Portland Nannies, we provide the following support for our nannies:
- Playgroups- we manage and keep up to date an extensive playgroup listing that includes numerous nannies in our network, their contact info, work schedule, ages of children, and preferences of where to meet.
- Playdates and Get Togethers (some prior events include Mother's Day Photoshoot, jewelry making class, Backstage at the Nutcracker @ Maine State Ballet, Halloween party, Pumpkin Hayride, Apple Picking, Gingerbread House Decorating, Playhouse Extravaganza, Movie Night, and more)
- Training opportunities and reimbursement.
- Updated information on tax laws, nanny industry expectations, and more.
- Ongoing support. We will continue to stay in touch and offer our support, advice, and resources.